Our deepest sympathies go out to Heidi Swapp and her family.
You are not alone. If you or a loved one is in emotional crisis or having suicidal thoughts, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255 or visit their website to chat live with a trained representative. Help is available 24/7, free and your call is 100% confidential.
Lix Hewett talks with us about photographing portraits with personality. How do you get a teenager to cooperate with the camera? What lenses work best? How much post processing to do? We explore listener questions and some of our own to help you take photos you’ll love!
On the Show:
(affiliate links where possible- thank you for supporting the show)
From the Show:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- CHA Paper Arts Show
- Be Photo Wise: Christy’s Post & Carrie’s Post
- Save Your Photos Day is September 26th. Sign up for the free online class here. Space is limited, so act fast!
- 8 portrait posing tricks to improve body shape and hide unflattering features
- The Photoshop Elements Secret to Fixing Group Shots
- How to Replace a Face in Photoshop in 6 Easy Steps
- PERFECT GROUP PHOTO WITHOUT ACCIDENTAL DISFIGUREMENT IN 10 STEPS FOR PSE 12
- Photoshop Elements Help / Photomerge Compose
- Removing unwanted details with Content-Aware Fill
- Lix uses a 50mm f/1.8 lens for portraits
- Lomography Cameras & Lenses
- Canon vs Nikon: best camera for portraits
- iPhone Portraits in Natural Light Using Low Light
- How to take better photos with your Android phone
- Shooting in Manual Mode article by Lix
- Lix’s Photography Process
- GorillaPod Tripod
- Remote clickers for DSLR cameras
- Velbon X88 Tripod
- DSLRs for Under $100!!
- Using Gradient Maps
- Totally Rad Rad Lab
- BeArt Pastel Actions
- VSCO Cam iOS | Andriod
Picks of the Week: